- Extremely powerful mixing for lysis, grinding or homogenization
- Faster and more effective than tissue grinders
- Homogenize up to 6 tubes simultaneously
- Extremely compact, less than 9″ wide
- Eliminates the cross contamination associated with handheld homogenizers
The BeadBug™ 6 joins the large capacity BeadBlaster™ 24 and personal sized BeadBug™ 3 as the newest member of the Benchmark homogenizer line. Like the other members of the Benchmark Microtube Homogenizer family, the BeadBug 6 utilizes a three dimensional shaking motion to disrupt samples. This motion, when combined with beads of the appropriate size and material, causes high velocity impacts with the sample and is extremely fast and efficient method for releasing cellular contents, including nucleic acids and proteins. Many different sample types, from cells in culture to organ tissues and bone can be homogenized in BeadBug 6, most within 45 seconds. Programming the unit is simple, just set the speed, time, number of cycles and pause between cycles - then press start. For convenience, the last programmed parameters remain in memory for repeated runs.
Sealed tubes prevent cross contamination in the BeadBug 6. Samples are simply loaded into the tubes along with the beads and placed in the unit for processing. After homogenization, tubes are spun briefly in a centrifuge, and the lisate removed with a pipette.
Designed to fit the needs of medium throughput laboratories, the BeadBug 6 can simultaneously process up to 6 samples in 2.0mL tubes. With optional adapters, the unit will also accept two 5.0mL tubes. A full range of bead materials and sizes are available in both prefilled tubes and in bulk to meet all your sample processing needs.
- Speed Range: 2500 to 4350 rpm
- Capacity: 6 x 2.0ml (Screw cap /skirted and non-skirted)
- Timer: 1 sec. to 90 sec. with up to 10 cycles
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 14 x 8 in / 22 x 35.5 x 20.5 cm
- Weight: 20 lbs / 9 kg
- Warranty: 2 years
- Electrical: 100-240V 50-60 Hz
LabSource offers a full selection of Beads for this homogenizer. Click here
for options available.